This is my first time doing an enema. Which bucket do you recommend I buy?
If you plan to do water enemas only, we recommend our 2.2 quart Best Seller kit, model 1001. Click here: Purelife Enema Kit / 2 Qt / 304 Stainless Steel / Made in USA. This is a simple to use kit that is the highest quality stainless steel available on the market today. It is safe, & non-toxic . It comes with everything you need to do a basic enema.
If you are planning to do a coffee enema, we recommend our 2 Qt size kit. Click here: Coffee Enema Kit / Medium Roast / 1/2 Lb Coffee. Because the stainless steel is USA high grade, it will last a lifetime of use. Silicone tubing should be changed every two years.
Now, if you want the very best of the best, we highly recommend our Coffee Enema Starter Kit. It is 304 grade stainless steel and is Made in the USA. It comes with 1 full pound of PureLife Enema Coffee, medical grade silicone tubing, a double fine mesh stainless steel strainer, and a little coffee enema booklet. This Made in the USA stainless steel bucket is also sold without accessories.
What's the difference between the PVC tubing and the Silicone tubing?
We do not sell PVC vinyl tubing and you should stay away from this type of tubing because it will degrade and the materials can be impure. We only sell the highest quality type of tubing which is used in hospitals. This is 100% Silicone Medical Grade Tubing. It will never degrade.
Our Premium Silicone Tubing is translucent, non-toxic, BPA and Latex free. Medical grade means that this tubing can withstand higher temperatures, and will not break down when exposed to coffee elements. Another benefit is that it can be boiled for 3 seconds for re-sterilization. This is a good choice for those with chemical sensitivities . A check valve can be added as an accessory. Our silicone tubing is the best you can buy.
What's the difference between Purelife Organic Enema Coffee and store-bought organic coffee?
The difference is in the "cleanliness" of the coffee , which is very very important when it comes to putting coffee into your system and liver. Purelife also uses a high grade expensive bean, which will be mold and fungus free, rather than cheap, lower grade "dirty" beans which have not been inspected. PureLife Enema Coffee is also cleaner and chemical free because we are double certified 100% Organic. And lastly, we do not fire and drum roast our beans like the coffee you will find in stores or other enema coffee sellers. We use a completely different roasting method which is called "Air roasting". Drum roasting uses fire, which can burn the beans, leaving a toxic residue, and make them carcinogenic. That is why you will see Proposition 65 warning signs at the coffee houses now. And this is why your enema coffee should be Air Roasted if possible.
PureLife Enema Coffee is 100% non-carcinogenic! That is why we believe our our enema coffee is the cleaner and safest choice.
Our coffee label has both a USDA Organic sticker and Oregon Tilth Certification sticker. This is very important. If you dont see these stickers on the coffee bags, then you may not be getting organic. Our coffee is 2x certified and verified.
What is the shelf-life of Purelife Enema Coffee?
Our coffee was tested at 8 months and found to contain 100% of its original cafestol and palmitic acid content, which is needed for a good liver detox.
How Often Can I Do A Coffee Enema?
It can range from once a month to 6 times per day, depending on your health and what program you are on. People who are healthy but simply want to detox now and then may want to do an enema every 3 weeks. Whereas someone who is not feeling well may want to do a coffee enema once a week or once a day. People who are very sick with cancer have often been directed by Gerson Institute to do multiple coffee enemas in a day.
What's the difference between Purelife Medium ,Light, and Ultra Light Roast Coffee?
We have 3 potency levels of coffee, because not everyone is the same. The Light roast gives a more powerful detox than the medium roast. So the lighter the roast the stronger the caffeine. If you are a novice or a beginning Gerson Therapy patient, then we recommend Medium roast coffee. Next is the Light Roast, and Gerson Institute also recommends this for their patients. The Ultra Light Gold Roast is the highest caffeine for detoxing power than the medium or light. It is a stronger detox and so is not recommended for the elderly or frail, or caffeine sensitive.
Are water enemas safe?
Yes, if you are constipated. If you have other colon issues, it is best to get the advise of your health care provider. Never stretch out the colon by forcing too much water into the colon. This could cause the colon to be stretched out and not function as well.
Will I need help taking the enema?
Enemas can be taken unassisted in the comfort of your home. If you are very ill and weak, you may need assistance.
How often can I take a water enema?
If you have chronic constipation, you can take 1 enema daily. Otherwise use when needed. This will help your bowel muscles to function better and you should be able to have natural bowel movements. Never ignore the urge to go to the bathroom. Elimination is vital to health.
How much water should I use?
The average person can take 1 quart of water or coffee enema inside the colon at a time. Administer it slowly, and when you start to feel full inside, then do not allow any more liquid in. And remember never to use tap water. Distilled water is the best for enemas or coffee enemas.
Never be forceful with the administration so you wont stretch out the colon.
Can other additives be used in the water?
Yes. People often add chamomile tea to calm the colon as well as cleanse. People use enema coffee and make a coffee enemas, which is for detoxing the liver. Coffee enemas are not for cleansing the colon, although that will occur when doing one. Click this product link: Tea Chamomile Whole Organic - 1/2 LB
Enema Wheatgrass Powder can also be used as an enema solution. It is good for soothing and healing an inflamed colon. It is also a natural liver detoxifier. Wheatgrass enema solutions also administer alot of vitamins and minerals which can give your blood and cells a boost in energy. Purelife Wheatgrass Juice Powder is excellent . Click here: Wheatgrass Enema "Juice" Powder / 1/4 LB Pound / Organic.
Certain Essential Oils are used for enemas and can help with a wide variety of issues, such as viruses, Candida, Lymes disease. Click here: Essential Oils For Enemas
Probiotics can be added to enemas for creating healthy bacteria in the colon, and aid in removing candida albicans. It is a more direct way to to the colon, rather than taking orally.
We offer an easy to use Probiotic Powder which dissolves easily into your enema water or coffee enema.
Should I take a probiotic or acidopholous orally after an enema?
Probiotics & Acidopholous is very helpful to the colon, but it isnt a necessity after an enema. Enemas will help clear out the bad bacteria and allow good bacteria to grow by itself, as well as having a good diet which will not create bacteria growth.
Do enemas upset the body's pH balance or flora?
Water enemas will not upset the PH balance. Coffee enemas though can imbalance the minerals and electrolytes, and so it is advised to juice green vegetables to re-balance. It is also suggested you take this mineral supplement Fulvic Ionic Minerals (x350).
Potassium 3 can also be used by some people to help restore electrolyte balance after a coffee enema. Click here to buy: Potassium Compound Salts - 3 Potassium Mix for Gerson Therapy - 100 Grams
What is Potassium Used for?
Potassium 3 is part of the Gerson Therapy. It is also used by anyone who: 1) Wants to remove salt from their tissues 2) Aids in restoring mineral and electrolyte balance 3) Added to the coffee enema solution, helps reduce intestinal spasms. It is easier to hold the coffee enema in, and has a calming effect on the colon.
Will it hurt to insert the enema nozzle?
All of our nozzles are easy to insert, but every body is different , so we offer different types. Silicone and vinyl will be the softest and flexible.
Most people prefer using a lubricant on their nozzle to make insertion easier . Click here: Surgi-Lube Lubricant -Water Based
The PureLife Rectal Colon Tubes are also an option to use, as it is very thin. Much thinner than an enema nozzle. They are also used to go higher up in the colon for higher cleansing of the colon walls.
Can the enema tip cause damage?
Yes, it can if it is not inserted slowly and carefully. The tissues around the rectum are delicate and so one must insert carefully. If you cannot insert the enema tip easily, you can try using the 16" colon tube instead. You can also get easier insertion if you open your legs wider and try re-positioning yourself.
Do fasting and enemas go together?
Yes! Fasting gives the colon a rest. Fasting gives your whole body a rest and a chance to repair itself. Fasting with enemas increases the rest your colon and body will have. Enemas will help promote more toxins to be released while you are fasting.
Are water or coffee enemas addicting ?
Chronic constipation will cause the bowel walls to thin and weaken the muscles of the bowel.
Enemas will in fact help re-establish muscle tone and improve intestinal function.
It is a very natural way to exercise the bowel.
Coffee enemas are not addicting either. You may feel addicted to the great feeling you feel after you have detoxified, but the caffeine will not be addictive. Coffee enemas are unlike drinking coffee.
Never get psychologically dependent on enemas. Always use good dietary habits to help relieve constipation and have natural bowel movements.
How do water enemas help with illness?
Most illnesses and disease start in a clogged toxic colon and liver. Enemas clear the colon so that vital nutrients from your food will be able to be absorbed and used by the body. Nutrients are required for your system to work efficiently. Without nutrients, your cells and body will starve.
How do enemas help with health?
Water enemas improve the secretion of digestive juices and enzymes. Coffee enemas take the burden off the liver, by removing toxins.
Do enemas help relieve pain?
Yes. Although coffee enemas are better at relieving pain, water enemas also help relieve pain anywhere in the body as the toxins are removed.
How will I feel after an enema?
You should feel refreshed and energized as the toxins and waste are removed, and the burden taken off the liver.
What other benefits are there with home enemas?
Colon cleansing with enemas will help you avoid costly medical bills.
Can I lose weight from taking enemas?
Yes. By removing waste and toxins from the colon, you are helping other organs an your metabolism to function better. When your metabolism is working at its optimum, then you will burn more calories.
FAQ’s About Coffee Enemas
- The caffeine in coffee enters the liver through the portal system and causes an increase in bile flow. The bile in turn makes the accumulated poisons and toxins to be released and evacuated from the body.
- Coffee enemas are a powerful way to detoxify the body.
- Coffee enemas are an excellent alternative to sedation or pain relievers.
- Coffee enemas taken in an enema are unlike drinking coffee. Drinking coffee causes digestive problems and negatively affects the liver.
- Coffee enemas do not affect normal evacuation processes.
- Coffee enemas are not given to improve elimination.
- Coffee enemas are given to stimulate the release of toxins in the liver.
- Coffee enemas are known to relieve depression and mental confusion
- Coffee enemas are known to relieve back pain, allergy symptoms, and arthritis.
- Coffee enemas must be done along with juicing organic fruits and vegetables.
- Coffee enemas can be taken without assistance at home.
- Coffee enemas should be given using stainless steel enema buckets so acids wont leech chemicals that can occur with plastic enema bags.
FAQ’S About Enema Coffee
- Store purchased coffee is not the same as enema therapy coffee
- Enema therapy coffee must be a “clean” coffee since it will go into the liver
- Enema therapy coffee should have a high enough cafestol content to open the bile ducts.
- The cleanest coffee is a special “air roast” process.
- Traditional drum roasting process cause beans to be burnt which are carcinogenic to the liver.
- Fine grind enema coffee will retain 100% of its cafestol and palmitic acid content for at least 8 months and up to 2 years.
- There is no difference in buying whole bean enema coffee or fine grind for enema use – both retain the same potency. This statement is supported by research done at US Coffee Association for enema use – both retain the same potency. This statement is supported by research done at US Coffee Association
- The lighter the color of the coffee, the stronger the caffeine
- Gerson Therapy recommends medium roast, fine grind, for their patients.
- Enema coffee needs to be retained in the rectum for 15 minutes if possible for full effectiveness.
- The lighter the roast, the more powerful the cleanse.
FAQ’s About Enema Equipment
- Glass Enema Buckets: The most recommended enema equipment for doing a water, coffee, wheatgrass or essential oil enemas . Glass enema buckets are very easy to clean when using any of the enema solutions. And for those who demand clean equipment, glass is superior to all. You can also see through the bucket to view your enema solution level. Purelife Patented Glass Enema Buckets are the only glass enema buckets on the market today. Go to this link: Glass Enema Bucket
- Stainless Steel Enema Buckets: Recommended for water, coffee, and wheat grass enemas . The stainless steel should be a very high grade, tested 304 stainless steel, Made in the USA. USA stainless steel is cleaner than imported and also tested for impurities. The standards on an American Made medical product is much higher than any import. Remember that the bucket solution will go into your body, so you want the equipment pure. USA Stainless Steel will never rust, as imports can. Stainless Steel Enema Buckets are easy to clean and sterilize. You will not be able to see your enema solution level though.
- Silicone Enema Bags: They are clear and translucent. Recommended for water enemas. They can be used for coffee enemas, but the coffee will stain the bag. Not recommended for wheat grass or essential oil enemas as the residue will be hard to clean off the bag. Silicone Enema Bags have a wide open neck, so you can reach inside to clean. But they are not as easy to clean as glass or stainless steel. Silicone Enema Bags are good for traveling. They should be replaced every 4 years.
- Plastic enema bag kits can leech toxins into your enema water.
- Most plastic enema bags are made in china and are not BPA free.
- 1.5 QT Plastic Enema Buckets are for disposable use. We only recommend them for those who want to try an enema for the first time and do not have the money to invest in a higher grade kit. A 3.5 QT HDPE plastic kit, which we sell, is not disposable and can be re-used.
- Stainless Steel enema buckets are BPA free
- Purelife Medical grade silicone enema tubing is the highest grade and safest enema tubing you can buy. It be boiled in water for re-sterilization if needed. It is see-through
- PVC enema tubing should not be used.
- There are many different shaped enema nozzles to insert. The basic nozzle is called a straight in enema nozzle.
- A colon tube, or enema catheter, or rectal catheter is for reaching higher up in to the colon for a higher cleanse.